THE FEAR IS REAL.
Most decisions are based out of fear or courage. Others on potential future regret. When deciding whether or not to share a post with thoughts that you find controversial or just vulnerable, ask yourself the following questions:
- Will I regret it after?
- Is this how I really feel?
- What is the goal I’m trying to achieve?
- What are the real risks of posting?
- Is it worth the risk(s)?
- Will this help others?
- How will sharing impact my reputation and/or career?
- Why is the message important?
- What am I looking to get out of it?
- Why do I want to share?
The way the status quo is now – it rewards people that “blend in.” However, those that stick out and do it strategically win in the long term.
Don’t let your fears control you.